Here we go again. Another storm has approached the State of Maryland. This is the 4th storm we had since January 2010.
- Major snow storm in Jan/Feb 2010
- Hurricane windstorm in Aug 2011
- Hurricane windstorm in July 2012
- TODAY HURRICANE SANDY! OCTOBER 2012
People please remember the the 2 major S words (Smart & Safe).
Most people tend to know this already but for the know-it-alls, this is not a storm to take lightly. Some survior reminders are:
- Dont be cold. If you dont have access to a generator back-up, please make sure you have blankets, blankets, blankets! Dont go sleep in your car to charge up the cell phone...
- Let there be light. Battery back up isn't old school. It is called being smart! Light sticks, 100 hour candles and more are still available at walmart, kmart, etc.
- Healthy dry food is a must. Why do we run to get perishable items when the lights are going off!
- First aid and emergency kits should already be in the closet.
- For Maryland residents, If
you are in need of a shelter, text
"Shelter" and your Zip Code to 43362.
Lastly the below is from President Obama and I quote:
( "If you live in the storm's
path, please listen to state and local authorities about where and how to take
shelter and stay safe -- and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
If you are asked to evacuate, please take that seriously.") unquote
(www.beprepared.com, www.hurricanesafety.org, www.Ready.org)